NEWS MOVIE SEARCH


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Short Movie Reviews

Short Movie Reviews

Miami Vice: I never watched the TV show of the same name but I really enjoyed this movie. It had a nice balance of grit and posh. It wasn't realistic but it was enjoyable. Colin Farrell was good but Jamie Foxx seemed under utilized.

The Guardian: I wanted to like this movie and at points I did but it was so filled with clich้s that it was difficult to endure. Think 'Officer And A Gentleman' meets 'Heartbreak Ridge' meets every other bad military movie. Some good scenes but not worth the time.

Superman Returns: Enjoyable movie that connects well with the Christopher Reeve movies before it. For the genre, I think it was a tad slow, but it was still entertaining and true to the franchise.

Poseidon: This movie had so many things going for it but failed to deliver on every level. The direction, acting, and script all sucked. It was a total disappointment. I loved the original and wanted to like this version but it did not deliver.

Sahara: I had never heard anything good about this movie but enjoyed it nonetheless. It starts off better than it ends but as silly action flicks go, it was fun. Steve Zahn is one of the most under appreciated comic actors.

The Devil Wears Prada: I liked this movie. Meryl Streep was convincing as the demanding boss and Anne Hathaway was endearing. Jayne couldn’t get past Anne having being 'Ella Enchanted' but since I hadn't seen that film it didn't bother me.

Must Love Dogs: I'm starting to dislike John Cusak and I don't know why. I don't know if it's just the characters he's offered to play or if it's some aspect of his personality that's showing through, but either way with every film he comes off as more and more of a prick. Diane Lane is lovely as always but even that couldn't keep me interested enough to make it to the end.

xXx: State of the Union: I had never seen the previous xXx movie staring Vin Diesel and didn't expect much from this. It was halfway entertaining and had some cool cars and pretty girls. In the end it was very dumb and mindless but I kind of liked it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS MOVIE

MY FAVORITE BLOGS